Quick and Easy Shrimp With Peas
by , September 1, 2017
This shrimp with peas is a delicious dish to serve with hot cooked Asian style noodles or rice. Or serve the shrimp with cauliflower fried rice for a relatively low carb dish.
Related: Shrimp and Asparagus in Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Wash the shrimp, then peel and remove the veins.*
- Heat vegetable oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and cook, stirring, until they begin to turn pink.
- Add the green onion, garlic, and ginger. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt, soy sauce and water. Gradually add the mixture to the shrimp, along with the peas. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.