Brown Sugar Bars With Chocolate Chips
by , May 19, 2017
These cake-like brown sugar bars are made with chocolate chips and pecans. Feel free to replace the chocolate chips with chopped dates and coconut.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 10x15x1-inch jelly roll pan or sheet cake pan.
- Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl; stir to blend and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer on high speed, beat the eggs for about 2 to 3 minutes, until light and foamy. Gradually beat in the vanilla, the brown sugar, milk, and melted butter.
- Gradually beat in the flour mixture until well blended. Fold the chopped pecans and chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 22 to 27 minutes, until nicely browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Makes About 32 Servings