Potato Salad With Bacon and Buttermilk Dressing
by May 10, 2017,
A tangy mayonnaise and buttermilk dressing flavors this delicious potato and bacon salad.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Peel the potatoes, rinse, and then cut them into cubes.
- Put the potatoes in a large saucepan with 1 teaspoon of salt. Cover with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, drain, and let cool.
- Crumble the bacon and chop three of the hard-cooked eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled potato cubes with the crumbled bacon, the chopped eggs, green and red onions, celery, celery seeds, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and the freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the mayonnaise and buttermilk in a cup or bowl; blend thoroughly.
- Gently stir the dressing into the potato and egg mixture until well coated. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Slice the remaining hard-cooked egg and arrange on the salad for garnish. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
Makes 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Warm Potato Salad
Potato Salad With Bacon Recipe