Spinach Casserole With Cheese Sauce
by , September 10, 2017
A thick cheese sauce adds flavor to this easy spinach casserole. The spinach is covered with slices of hard-boiled eggs and cheese sauce.
Related: Spinach Salad with Bacon
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Thaw the frozen spinach and squeeze as much moisture out as possible.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Lightly butter a 1-quart baking dish.
- Place the drained spinach in the baking dish; season with salt and pepper. Arrange sliced eggs over spinach.
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter; blend in 2 tablespoons flour. Add salt and dry mustard and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in milk. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thick. Add shredded cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour sauce over spinach and eggs; top with diced bacon, if using. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Makes 4 servings.