Moist Sour Cream Cornbread
by , August 10, 2017
Sour cream and cream style corn are the ingredients that make this popular cornbread rich and moist. Bake it in a square or round baking pan or muffin tins. It's made with no sugar because it's a Southern style cornbread, but feel free to add about 3 to 4 tablespoons of sugar if you like a sweet cornbread.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the sour cream with the cream-style corn, eggs, and melted butter.
- Combine the two mixtures and stir until all ingredients are moistened. Immediately pour the mixture into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
Makes 8 Servings