Easy Spiced Oven-Fried Chicken
by , August 10, 2017
This spicy chicken is oven-fried to perfection with a unique spiced coating. Lime juice and honey, along with some Tex Mex spices and a dash of cinnamon flavor the easy chicken breasts. Or use chicken tenders in this dish.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Combine honey, lime juice and zest, salt, chili powder, cumin, pepper, cinnamon or allspice, and cayenne in a large shallow bowl.
- In another large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chopped cilantro, and vegetable oil or melted butter. Toss to blend thoroughly
- Dip the chicken pieces in the honey mixture, turning to coat well.
- Dip the honey-coated chicken into the bread crumb mixture and coat, gently pressing the crumbs onto the chicken.
- Transfer the chicken to a foil-lined baking pan. Bake at 425 F for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken reaches 165 F and it is browned and juices run clear.
Makes 4 Servings