Classic Creamy Oyster Stew
by May 8, 2017,
Some heavy cream and butter make this a rich, indulgent oyster stew. It's super easy to fix. Just heat and enjoy!
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter in each of four bowls.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk, cream, and oyster liquor just to the boiling point; add the oysters and bring to a simmer.
- Season with salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Ladle into hot bowls and top with chopped parsley or chives.
- Serve with saltines or oyster crackers.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Easy Fish Chowder
Manhattan Clam Chowder