Moist Chocolate Bundt Cake
by , July 21, 2017
Strong coffee intensifies the chocolate in this moist Bundt cake. Top the cake off with a dusting of powdered sugar or drizzle a chocolate glaze or icing over the cake.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Generously grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan or spray with baking spray. Make sure you get to all the nooks and crannies.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Stir or whisk to blend thoroughly.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar together until light and creamy. Beat in the vanilla, eggs, and egg whites.
- In a small bowl or cup, combine the coffee and milk. Beat about one-third of the cocoa and flour mixture into the creamed mixture, then beat in half of the coffee and milk mixture. Beat in another one-third of the flour mixture and the remaining milk mixture. Beat in the remaining flour mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the cake.
- Cool in the pan on a rack for 10 minutes and then invert onto the rack to cool completely.
- Frost or glaze with a chocolate ganache or purchased cake glaze.
Makes 12 to 16 Servings