Moist Carrot Muffins With Raisins and Walnuts
by , September 30, 2017
These carrot muffins are filled with raisins and chopped walnuts. A flavored orange butter or cream cheese would be fantastic with the muffins. See the tips below the recipe for a quick orange cream cheese spread.
Coconut Carrot Bread
Carrot Applesauce Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners. Heat orange juice just to a simmer on the stovetop or in the microwave. Add raisins or currants and remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the sugar with the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla, and orange zest until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and spices in a separate bowl and blend with a spoon or whisk. Add the flour mixture to the first mixture and stir just until all of the ingredients are moistened.
- Drain the currants or raisins and fold them into the batter with the chopped walnuts and grated carrots.
- Fill muffin cups about two-thirds full; bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 23 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
To make an orange flavored cream cheese spread, combine about 1/2 cup of cream cheese with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, and the zest of half of an orange. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Makes 12 servings.