Bok Choy With Bacon
by , August 14, 2017
Use large or baby bok choy in this easy vegetable side dish. The bok choy is braised with a simple combination of butter, chicken broth, and bacon. A bit of garlic and lemon juice adds flavor as well. Feel free to use more bacon or omit the bacon.
Related: Asparagus au Gratin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- Wash bok choy; cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add the bok choy and garlic. Saute for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken stock, lemon juice, crumbled bacon, and seasonings, to taste.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
Makes 4 Servings