Best Ever Crockpot Pulled Pork
by , August 8, 2017
This amazing pulled pork is made with just a few simple ingredients. Put the pork shoulder -- also known as pork butt or Boston butt -- in the slow cooker with onions and water and then shred the cooked pork, add barbecue sauce, and enjoy!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
Total Time: 10 hours 20 minutes
- If desired, cut the pork shoulder into 3 to 4 pieces.
- Place the pork in the slow cooker; top with the sliced onion and then drizzle with the Worcestershire sauce.
- Add 2 cups of water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 9 to 12 hours, or until very tender.
- Remove the pork roast to a large plate or bowl.
- Strain the liquids; add the onions back to the slow cooker and discard the liquids and fat.
- Fork-shred pork, discarding pieces of fat and the bones.
- Return shredded meat to the slow cooker.
- Add the barbecue sauce; mix to blend and continue cooking on HIGH for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot.
- Serve the shredded pork with warm split buns, coleslaw or purple slaw, and baked beans.
Makes 10 Servings