Baked Acorn Squash Rings With Brown Sugar Glaze
by , August 13, 2017
These acorn squash rings are baked to perfection with a delicious brown sugar and orange juice glaze. It's a simple recipe and makes a fabulous side dish.
Related: Maple Glazed Squash Rings
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 57 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a large, shallow baking pan.
- Trim ends from squash; cut crosswise into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Remove any seeds and membranes.
- Place the squash rings in the baking pan; add orange juice.
- Cover the pan with foil and bake the squash for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, melted butter, lemon zest, and salt; pour over squash rings.
- Continue baking, uncovered, for about 15 to 20 minutes longer, basting occasionally, until acorn squash is tender and nicely glazed.
Makes 6 Servings