Swiss Steak Dinner
by , Updated April 19, 2018
Round steak is a budget friendly choice, and when cooked right, it's delicious. Here's a recipe for round steak cooked with soup, rice, and green beans for a tasty one dish family meal.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 35 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Season meat and sprinkle with flour; pound lightly with meat mallet.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium-low heat; add onions and brown slowly. Remove onions; brown meat.
- Place beef in baking dish; add onions, uncooked rice, and bay leaf.
- Combine soup and water; pour over casserole.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Arrange green beans around meat and bake 15 minutes longer.
Serves 6 to 8Calories per serving (based on 6 servings): 587