Tuna Macaroni Casserole
by Updated April 16, 2017,
This flavorful tuna casserole is made with macaroni or shells, a chese sauce, hard cooked eggs, and bread crumb topping. Feel free to add a cup of steamed peas or mixed vegetables.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with hot water.
- Turn the drained macaroni into a 2-quart buttered casserole.
- In saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter; stir in flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk. Cook sauce, stirring, until smooth and thickened. Add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheese.
- Chop eggs coarsely; scatter chopped eggs and flaked tuna over macaroni.
- Pour cheese sauce over all.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese mixed with bread crumbs and remaining 2 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Bake at for 30 to 40 minutes, or until browned and bubbly.
Calories per serving: 533
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Tuna and Orzo Pasta Casserole
Tuna Noodle Casserole Bake