Meat and Potato Casserole
by Updated April 9, 2017,
Here's a tasty casserole recipe made with leftover beef or other meat roast and mashed potatoes. Scroll down the page for similar beef casserole and pie recipes.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- Put onions in a hot dry non-stick skillet. Sprinkle with sugar and fry over medium heat, stirring, until onions begin to brown. Add butter and cook until onions are tender, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spoon half of the mashed potatoes into a greased, 2-quart shallow baking dish. Spread to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Arrange slices of meat on top of the potatoes, then onions, peas, and gravy.
- Cover with remaining mashed potatoes.
- Bakefor 30 minutes; top with shredded cheese and bake 10 minutes longer, or until casserole is browned and cheese is melted.
Calories per serving (based on approximately 3/4 pound roast beef): 475
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Hamburger Pie Recipe
Cheeseburger Pie Recipe
Shepherds Pie Recipe