by Updated April 7, 2017,
This daffodil cake recipe is easily made with an angel food cake mix and lemon and yellow food coloring.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 50
Total Time: 60 minutes
Daffodil Cake Frosting
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter, spooning half into another bowl.
- In small cup, blend food coloring with 1 teaspoon water; add to half of the batter. Spoon batters alternately into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan. Bake according to package directions. Invert to cool.
- Make frosting; combine egg whites, lemon juice, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt in the top of a double boiler. Beat for a minute with an electric mixer; cook over boiling water, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in marshmallows and orange zest.
- Spread frosting over top and sides of the daffodil cake.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Angel Food Cakes and Related Desserts