Haddock With Newburg Sauce
by Updated April 6, 2017,
This simple baked haddock gets loads of flavor from the delicious classic Newburg sauce. Serve this fish dish with baked potatoes or a rice pilaf for a fabulous meal.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350° F.
- Lightly butter a baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange the haddock in the baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper and drizzle with the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. 5. Melt the 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, 3/4 teaspoon salt, paprika, nutmeg, and a dash of cayenne pepper. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the light cream and milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring, until thickened.
- Whisk about 1/3 of the hot sauce into the beaten egg yolks.
- Return the egg yolk mixture to the saucepan, stir in the sherry, and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes longer, until hot. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Serve the sauce over the hot baked haddock.
Calories per serving: 433
Fat per serving: 25.7
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Chowder Recipes and Related
Hearty Fish Chowder
Quick and Easy Haddock Au Gratin
Broiled Haddock Recipe
Easy Fish Dinner in Foil
Mediterranean Fish And Orzo Soup