Cranberry Orange Bread
by Updated April 6, 2017,
Fresh cranberries and orange juice, along with chopped nuts, make this bread festive and delicious.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan or spray with nonstick cooking or baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and soda. Work the butter in until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- In another bowl, whisk together the orange juice and egg; add to the first mixture and stir until blended. Stir in the orange zest, nuts, and cranberries.
- Spread the batter in the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
Makes 14 slices
Calories per slice: 224
Fat per slice: 6.7
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Cranberry Cake With Orange Glaze
Cranberry Bread Recipe