Easy Skillet Pork Chops With Garlic
by , Updated April 1, 2017
These pork chops are browned then simmered with a very simple sauce made with a little sherry or broth, brown sugar, ggarlic, and seasonings.
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 46 minutes
- Trim fat from pork chops. Heat oil in skillet; add pork chops and brown, turning to brown both sides. Remove chops and add a little more oil if needed.
- Saute garlic for a minute, taking care not to burn it.
- For sauce, combine the 2 teaspoons of oil, sherry (or broth), soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper.
- Place pork chops in skillet and pour sauce over them. Cover tightly and simmer over low heat until chops are tender and cooked through, about 30 to 35 minutes. Add a tablespoon or two of water if sauce cooks down too much. Turn chops once. Remove chops to warm platter and keep warm.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water; add to sauce and continue to cook until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chops and serve.