by , Updated April 1, 2017
This taco casserole is made with layers of lean ground beef, beans, and taco seasonings. Just before serving, top the casserole with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and sour cream or guacamole.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- In a heavy skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef and onion. Drain off excess fat. Add garlic, tomato sauce, tomato juice or broth, chili powder and oregano. Simmer mixture for 2 minutes.
- Layer the beef mixture with beans and corn chips in the prepared baking dish, ending with corn chips.
- Cover and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Just before serving top with sour cream or guacamole (or both) and sprinkle with lettuce, diced tomato and chopped onions or sliced black olives.
Serves 4Calories per serving: 316
Fat per serving: 5.9g