Chocolate Chip Cookies with Oats
by , Updated March 31, 2017
Oats, nuts, and chocolate chips make these chocolate chip cookies extra special. The cookies are made with shortening, not butter.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Sift flour with salt and soda; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars; beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Stir in sifted dry ingredients, chopped walnuts or pecans, rolled oats, and chocolate chips.
- Drop chocolate chip cookie batter by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 minutes; cool on racks.
Makes about 8 dozen.