Chocolate Icebox Cookies
Chocolate icebox cookies are enhanced with optional espresso powder and chopped pecans or walnuts.
Icebox cookies are such a convenience. Just shape the logs and refrigerate or freeze them until you're ready to bake. Slice and bake as many as you want -- wrap the log and place it back in the refrigerator or freezer for another day. This is a great reason to double the recipe!
See Also: No-Bake Chocolate Oat Cookies
Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or leave it ungreased.
- In mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs, blending well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and espresso powder, if using; stir into creamed mixture, blending thoroughly. Stir in chopped nuts.
- Place the cookie dough on a sheet of wax paper and shape into a roll about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the roll in the wax paper and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Slice the roll into thin slices. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Makes 48 Servings