Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
by , April 29, 2017
This strawberry pretzel dessert is often called a salad. It's a wonderful layered dish with a sweet-salty pretzel layer, a cream cheese and whipped topping layer, and a gelatin and strawberry layer. This is a great dessert/salad for a Thanksgiving dinner.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Put the gelatin powder in a bowl and add the boiling water; stir until dissolved. Refrigerate the mixture for about 1 1/2 hours, or until partially set.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed pretzels with the melted butter and sugar; mix well. Press the pretzel mixture into the bottom of an ungreased 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the thawed whipped topping with the cream cheese until well blended.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Sppon the gelatin evenly over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and firm, about 4 hours.
- Cut into squares and serve with more whipped topping or freshly whipped cream and fresh sliced strawberries, if desired.