Steaks With Onions
by April 15, 2017,
Use thin, budget-friendly round steaks or more tender sirloin steaks in this recipe. The steaks are marinated and then quickly fried with onions.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 26 minutes
- Put the steaks in a plastic food storage bag or nonreactive container. Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, pepper, sugar, and garlic. Mix well to coat the beef.
- Cover and refrigerate the steaks for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the sliced onion until softened and lightly browned, about 8 to 12 minutes. Remove the onions to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the skillet. Remove the steaks from the marinade; set the marinade aside. Cook the steaks until nicely browned on one side, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the steaks cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until the steaks are browned.
- Add the onions and reserved marinade to the skillet with the steaks and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with the sauce mixture and garnish with parsley if desired.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Salisbury Steak Supper
Pepper Steak with Noodles
Round Steak with Vegetables