Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Crumb Cake
by , August 20, 2017
This peanut butter and chocolate chip crumb cake will be an instant hit. The moist peanut butter cake is topped with a chocolate chip and crumble mixture. This would also be good with part or all peanut butter chips in the topping.
Related: Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low speed, combine the flour, brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter. Beat just until crumbly. Reserve one cup; set aside.
- To crumb mixture in the mixing bowl, add the baking powder, baking soda, milk, vanilla, and eggs. Beat on low speed until moistened, then beat at medium speed for 3 minutes, scraping sides and bottom of bowl several times.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs evenly over the top of the batter and then sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over crumbs.
- Bake the cake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 to 16 Servings