Easy Chicken Breasts With Creamy Wine Sauce
by July 3, 2017,
Use Champagne or a good dry white wine or Champagne in this delicious creamy chicken dish. I used wine in the pictured dish. This chicken is wonderful when served with a green vegetable and potatoes, noodles, or rice.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Pat the chicken pieces dry with paper towels and sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and pepper.
- Combine flour and Creole seasoning in food storage bag. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat lightly.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine butter with the olive oil. When hot, add the chicken pieces and brown lightly on both sides. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute longer. Remove the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add champagne and chicken broth to the skillet; bring to a boil. Simmer briskly, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and cook for about 15 minutes, or until chicken is tender and reaches 165 F on an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest pieces. Remove the chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes longer. Add parsley and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve chicken with the sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Easy Skillet Chicken and Rice Curry
Easy Chicken and Cornbread Dressing Casserole