Blackberry Cake With Crumb Topping
by , October 4, 2017
This blackberry crumb cake can be made with fresh or frozen blackberries. Serve it as a dessert with a scoop of ice cream or serve it as a breakfast cake. It's an excellent way to enjoy fresh blackberries.
Easy Blackberry Pie Recipe
Peach Crumb Cake With Streusel Topping
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine the 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the 4 ounces of butter with the granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Beat in eggs until smooth. Add the vanilla and sour cream, blend well.
- With the mixer on low speed, slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth and well blended. Spread the mixture in the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the blackberries over the batter.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, 3/4 cup flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and the 5 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the blackberries.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set and lightly browned. A toothpick inserted into the center of the cake should come out clean or with very few crumbs clinging.
- Cool for about 10 minutes on a rack; remove the pan sides and cool completely.
Makes about 10 to 12 servings.