Fresh Cranberry Cake With Orange Glaze
by , Updated April 23, 2017
This cranberry Bundt cake is made with fresh cranberries. Ice with the orange glaze or dust with powdered sugar.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape the bowl in between adding eggs. Add the vanilla and orange zest; blend well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Add half of the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture along with the sour cream, beating until blended. Slowly beat in remaining flour mixture until smooth and blended.
- Toss the chopped cranberries with 2 tablespoons of flour; stir into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325 F. Continue baking for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving plate to cool completely.
- Drizzle orange icing over the cake or dust with powdered sugar.
- Combine juice and orange zest with butter; stir in sifted confectioners' sugar until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- Add more juice or confectioners' sugar as needed.
Serves 16Calories per serving: 357
Fat per serving: 15.2g