Easy Ground Beef and Pasta Casserole
by Updated April 23, 2017,
This is a basic but hearty and delicious casserole, made with pasta and ground beef, along with tomatoes and seasonings. Top this casserole with Monterey Jack cheese or use a blend shredded American and Jack or Cheddar cheeses.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 48 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly spray or grease an 11-by-7-inch baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just tender; drain well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute beef with onion and celery, breaking up with a spoon. Cook, stirring, until almost cooked through.
- Add garlic and salt and cook for 2 to 3 minutes longer.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, granulated sugar, and the cooked drained pasta.
- Spoon into the prepared baking dish and cover dish tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake uncovered for about 5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted.
Calories per serving: 421
Fat per serving: 12.0g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
More Beef Casserole Recipes and Beef Pies
Meatball and Potato Casserole
Tamale Spoon Bread Casserole
Shepherds Pie Recipe - English Shepherds Pie