Round Steak with Vegetables
by , Updated April 20, 2017
Round steak is rolled around onion, mushrooms, and bell pepper and then it's baked in a casserole with potatoes and other vegetables.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Boil vegetables in salted water for about 10 minutes; drain and reserve 1 cup of the vegetable water.
- Cut steak into 6 serving-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper then dredge in flour.
- Pound meat to thin and flatten with meat mallet.
- On each serving of beef, place a slice of onion, a slice of green pepper, and mushrooms.
- Shape meat into rolls and fasten with toothpicks.
- Place meat in skillet with bacon drippings or oil and brown on all sides.
- Remove beef to a large casserole; place partially cooked vegetables around beef rolls. Add 1 cup of vegetable water or broth.
- Cover and bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Remove to a heated serving platter and serve with pan juices.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 539