Veal Chops With Sour Cream
by , Updated April 16, 2017
These veal chops are cooked with bacon drippings, lemon juice and sour cream. This would also be great with thinned pork cutlets.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Season the veal chops with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Put the flour in another shallow bowl.
- Dip meat into eggs and then into flour to coat well.
- Heat bacon drippings in skillet; brown meat on both sides. Add water. Cover the skillet and cook slowly until chops are tender, about 1 hour.
- Sprinkle chops with lemon juice and arrange on heated platter.
- Blend 1 tablespoon flour with pan drippings, stirring until smooth. Stir in sour cream; cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with veal chops.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 428