Chocolate Dipped Hazelnut Cookies
by , Updated April 10, 2017
This cookie dough is piped onto the cookie sheet, baked, then dipped in chocolate and chopped hazelnuts. Easy buttery hazelnut cookies dipped in chocolate.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- Heat the oven to 400 F.
- Blend hazelnuts in blender or food processor until finely chopped. Reserve 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts for dipping cookies; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce mixer speed to low; beat in flour, vanilla extract, egg, and chopped hazelnuts.
- Spoon dough into a decorating bag with medium rosette tube. Pipe dough into 2 1/2-inch "fingers," about an inch apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 6 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned. Carefully remove to racks to cool.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat until melted. Dip both ends of a cookie into the melted chocolate; carefully scrape off excess chocolate against rim of saucepan then dip chocolate ends into reserved chopped hazelnuts.
- Place cookies on waxed paper to let chocolate dry. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Store cookies in tightly covered container for up to 4 days.
Makes about 24 cookies.Calories per serving: 82