Chocolate Squares With Chocolate Pecan Frosting
by , Updated April 10, 2017
These chocolate squares are made with a sour cream brownie batter and they're topped with chocolate frosting and pecans.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Heat the oven to 375 F.
- In a bowl, stir together flour and sugar.
- In a saucepan, combine water, 1/2 cup butter, and 1 1/2 ounces chocolate. Bring to a boil; remove from heat and stir in the flour and sugar mixture. Add eggs, sour cream, soda, and salt; blend well.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 10-by-15-by-1-inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- For frosting, combine 1/2 cup butter, milk, and chocolate in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Frost chocolate squares while warm; sprinkle with chopped pecans. Cool and cut into squares.