Green Bean Casserole Recipe
by Updated April 10, 2017,
This is a classic green bean casserole, made with bacon, onion, canned green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and an onion ring topping. It's a must for the Thanksgiving table!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp; remove, crumble, and set aside.
- Drain off excess bacon drippings, leaving 1 to 2 tablespoons in the skillet. Sauté onions in bacon drippings until tender; drain. Combine onion, beans, and mushroom soup; blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon half of the green bean mixture into a greased 12x8x2-inch baking dish. Arrange water chestnuts over the layer; sprinkle half of crumbled bacon over the water chestnuts. Top with remaining bean mixture. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover.
- Combine onion rings with remaining bacon and water chestnuts. Arrange over the top of the casserole.
- Return green bean casserole to oven and bake for 8 minutes longer.
Calories per serving: 375
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Southern Green Beans With Bacon
Swiss Steak Dinner
Creole Wax Beans