Chocolate Coconut Bars
by , Updated April 10, 2017
These are easy bars to make with coconut and melted chocolate, along with eggs and other ingredients.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 23 Minutes
Total Time: 33 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Combine eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until thick and light lemon colored. Stir in flour and oil just until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine coconut and 1/2 cup of the batter; set aside.
- Stir chocolate into remaining batter.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan. Dollop coconut mixture on top. Swirl coconut batter into the chocolate batter with a butter knife or narrow metal spatula.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick or cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack; cut into bars.
Makes about 16 coconut chocolate bars.