Almond Crescent Cookies
by , Updated April 8, 2017
Almond crescent cookies are formed into half moon shapes then dusted with powdered sugar. Crescent cookies contain butter, eggs, almond and vanilla extracts, and other ingredients, and they're perfect for the holidays.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk. Add almond and vanilla extracts; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix ground almonds into the flour mixture.
- Add flour and nut mixture to the creamed mixture; stir to blend well.
- Divide dough into two portions. Shape each portion into a roll about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap rolls in waxed paper, twisting ends. Refrigerate for about 1 hour, or until thoroughly chilled.
- When ready to bake, slice dough into 1/4-inch thick rounds. Cut slices in half and shape the flat edge of the cookie with your fingers to form a curve, so the cookie looks like a crescent.
- Place crescents on lightly greased baking sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove almond cookies to racks and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar while still hot.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.