Orange Slice Bars
by , Updated April 8, 2017
These fruity orange cookie bars get their orange flavor from snipped orange slice candies. The bars are baked, sliced, then sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan and preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a mixing bowl, lightly beat the eggs with a hand-held electric mixer; add brown sugar and vanilla, beating until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and salt; add to the egg mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in chopped nuts and orange slice candy.
- Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until golden brown and firm.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- When completely cool, cut into about 30 bars.
- Sprinkle bars with sifted confectioners' sugar. Store these bars tightly covered, separated with waxed paper.
- Can also be stored in confectioners' sugar.