Cranberry Apple Pie
by , Updated April 8, 2017
Apples with cranberries, a natural combination for holiday fruit crisps and pies. This is a basic apple pie with cranberries and a double crust. Use prepared refrigerated pie pastry sheets or homemade pastry.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Put the cranberries and apples in a saucepan with the 1/2 cup of water and cook over medium heat until the apples are just tender. Add the sugar and let the mixture cool slightly.
- Line a pie plate with pastry and add the apple cranberry filling.
- Cover with the top crust and cut small vents in the top.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 F and bake 30 to 40 minutes longer.