Chocolate Malt Bars
by Updated April 7, 2017,
These tasty bars are made with chocolate, malted milk powder, and pecans, and they're iced with a chocolate malted milk powder frosting.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes 16 malted milk bars.
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla until fluffy; beat in eggs. Blend in cooled chocolate.
- Sift together flour, malted milk powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, stirring to blend well.
- Fold in chopped pecans or walnuts. Spread in a greased and floured 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool and frost with Chocolate Malt Frosting.
- For frosting, cream 2 tablespoons butter with 1/4 cup chocolate flavored malted milk powder and salt. Slowly beat in confectioners' sugar and just enough half-and-half to make frosting a good spreading consistency.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Chocolate Chip Brownies
Double Chocolate Brownie Recipe