Hot and Spicy Hunan Chicken
by Updated April 3, 2017,
This Hunan style chicken is made with hot peppers and a flavorful spiced sauce.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Marinate: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- Marinate chicken for 20 minutes in ginger, sherry, soy sauce mixture.
- Cut green onions and hot peppers diagonally into 1-inch pieces.
- Mix chicken broth, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, wine vinegar, sugar, salt and the anise pepper.
- Heat oil. Add scallion, and stir fry for a few minutes. Add ginger, sherry, soy mixture and chicken to scallions and hot pepper, and stir-fry for about 2 minutes longer. Add chicken broth mixture, mix well. Cook over low heat until chicken pieces are tender. Add cornstarch to thicken.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
Calories per serving: 395
Fat per serving: 23.9g
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
General Tso's Chicken
Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Chicken and Turkey Recipes Index