Smothered Pork Chops with Potatoes
by , Updated April 1, 2017
These pork chops are easy to prepare, and the potatoes make it a one-dish meal. This is a good dish to make for any family dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add the pork chops and cook, turning, until browned.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add wine, scraping up browned bits.
- Place pork chops in a baking pan; pour in pan juices.
- Top the pork chops with potatoes, sliced onion, 1 teaspoon thyme, and 3 tablespoons of the parsley. Pour beef broth around sides.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle with buttered bread crumbs and remaining parsley and a little more thyme.
- Put back in oven and bake for about 5 to 10 minutes longer, until crumbs are lightly browned.