by , Updated April 1, 2017
This is a tasty shepherd's pie -- more appropriately called cottage pie -- made with ground beef, mashed potatoes, and seasonings.
Prep Time: 15
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Brown ground beef and onions in 2 tablespoons butter until the onions are golden. Add the
- ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Add a few tablespoons of beef broth and cook,
- covered, over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, adding more beef broth as necessary to keep moist.
- In a bowl, beat egg yolks until light and then, in another bowl, beat whites until stiff.
- Beat the yolks, cream, 6 tablespoons butter, and garlic powder into hot mashed potatoes.
- Gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- Put meat mixture into a casserole then top with potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at in the preheated oven until potato topping is puffed and browned, about 25 to 35 minutes.
Serves 6Calories per serving: 525
Fat per serving: 28.2g