Zucchini Sheet Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting
by , October 12, 2017
This zucchini cake is the perfect cake for a sweet snack. For a richer dessert, top the cake off with the optional cream cheese frosting. For a lighter cake or coffee cake, dust it with powdered sugar.
Basic Zucchini Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour a sheet cake pan or jelly roll pan (about 10-by-15-by-1-inch).
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the 10 tablespoons of softened butter and granulated and brown sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla and eggs until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg; stir to blend.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the flour mixture until blended. Fold in the shredded zucchini.
- Spread the batter in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until the cake bounces back when lightly touched with a finger.
- Cool and frost or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Optional Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the 1/2 cup of softened butter and cream cheese together until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in the vanilla and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- Spread frosting over the cooled cake.
Makes 16 servings.