Basic Yellow Cake
by , August 12, 2017
This basic yellow cake takes about 5 minutes of prep time and makes an 8-inch layer cake or 9-by-13-by-2-inch cake.
Related: Sour Cream Lemon Cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch layer cake pans or a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add half of the flour mixture then half of the milk; blend well. Add vanilla and almond extract. Mix until blended; add remaining flour and milk and beat until smooth.
- The batter will be thick. Spread the batter in the prepared cake pan(s).
- Bake the cake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until it springs back when lightly touched near center.
- Frost as desired.
Makes 12 to 16 Servings