Creole White Bean Soup
by Updated April 3, 2017,
This bean soup is full of flavor and protein. Ham and sausage are added to the soup along with canned beans.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- In a large saucepan, cook onion, celery and bell pepper in butter until soft.
- Add ham and tomato sauce; simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- In separate saucepan, bring navy beans with bacon to boil.
- Working in small batches, puree beans and their liquid in a food processor or blender; add to ham mixture.
- Add the water; season to taste and simmer for 1 hour. Serve piping hot.
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Soup Recipes Index