Easy Boneless Chicken Breasts With Walnuts
by July 17, 2017,
This easy chicken breast recipe is made with a flavorful walnut sauce. Garlic, rosemary, walnut halves, fresh Parmesan cheese, and parsley are among the ingredients. "
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- If the chicken breasts are large (8 to 10 ounces or more), use 3 chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally to make six cutlets. If they are smaller, put them between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper, rosemary, and parsley. Coat the chicken breasts with the flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. When the butter and oil are hot, add the coated chicken breasts. Brown the chicken for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the walnuts, chicken broth, wine, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the chicken reaches 165 F. Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve the chicken with the sauce.
Makes 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Roasted Lemon and Herb Chicken Breasts
Oven-Fried Cornflake Crusted Chicken
Tex-Mex Baked Chicken With Taco Seasoning