Twice Baked Potatoes With Mushrooms
by July 7, 2017,
These stuffed twice-baked potatoes are easy to fix with baking potatoes and chopped mushrooms. Add some cheese to the mashed potato stuffing.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Top the potatoes with shredded cheese just before the second bake or mix about 1/2 cup of shredded cheese into the mashed potato mixture along with the mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Scrub potatoes and prick them with a fork in several places. Place the potatoes on a rack and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until very tender.
- Meanwhile (about 10 minutes before the potatoes are done) in a skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Saute mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- Just before the potatoes are done, heat the milk in a saucepan or microwave just until hot.
- Slice a thin slice from the top of each potato. Scoop the potato out into a bowl leaving shell intact.
- Add the heated milk to the potatoes in the bowl and beat until fluffy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir the hot mushrooms and butter into the potatoes.
- Pile potato mixture into the shells. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and brush over the tops. Sprinkle with chives or parsley.
- Place the potatoes back in the oven and bake until browned.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes With Ham and Cheese
Extra-Special Mashed Potatoes With Boursin Cheese