Marinated and Grilled Turkey Tenders
by , November 08, 2017
A flavorful marinade makes these grilled turkey tenders juicy and delicious. Use turkey breast chops or chicken breasts in this recipe if you'd like.
Turkey Tenderloin and Rice Casserole
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes (plus marinating time)
- In a saucepan, combine the pepper jelly, apple juice, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar, and Creole seasoning. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook just until smooth and hot. Set aside and let the marinade cool completely.
- Combine the cooled marinade mixture with the turkey tenderloins in a plastic food storage bag or nonreactive container. Turn to coat the turkey thoroughly; seal the bag or cover the container and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours. Turn frequently to keep the tenders coated.
- Remove the turkey tenderloins from the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a saucepan and bring to a full boil over high heat. Boil for 1 minute. Remove the marinade from the heat and set aside.
- Oil the outdoor or tabletop grill and preheat to medium heat. If your grill has a temperature gauge, look for a temperature of about 350 F to 375 F. Place the marinated tenderloins on the oiled grill grate; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Close the lid and grill the turkey tenders, basting occasionally with the marinade. This will take about 8 to 10 minutes per side. If possible, check the temperature with an instant-read thermometer. The minimum safe temperature for turkey is 165 F.
Makes 4 servings.