Two-Cheese Turkey and Pasta Casserole
by June 21, 2017,
A creamy cheddar and Parmesan cheese sauce brings this turkey and pasta casserole together in a delicious way. You may use chicken in this recipe as well, or make it with a combination of turkey or chicken and diced ham.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 2 1/2 to 3-quart baking dish.
- Cook the pasta following package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and scallions and cook until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually add the milk and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 1/4 cups of the Cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese to the sauce along with the salt, to taste, nutmeg, and black pepper. Stir in turkey.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining Cheddar and Parmesan cheeses over the pasta mixture.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and toss with the bread crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over the casserole.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until topping is lightly browned and casserole is bubbly.
Makes 6 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Turkey Tenderloin and Rice Casserole