Baked Tuna Tetrazzini
by June 21, 2017,
This tuna tetrazzini is similar to the popular turkey tetrazzini, but it's made with canned tuna.
Photo Credit: Diana Rattray
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 32 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water following the package directions. Drain and set aside
- Drain the liquid from the mushrooms into a 2-cup measure. Add water to mushroom liquid to make 1 cup; add the light cream or evaporated milk.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan over low heat; blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir the milk mixture into the roux and continue stirring and cooking over low heat until thickened. Add tuna, mushrooms, and spaghetti; blend well.
- Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared casserole; sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter; toss with bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the top of the casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 25 to 30 minutes, or until the bread crumbs are browned, and the casserole is bubbly around the edges.
Makes 4 Servings
Printer-Friendly Copy of this Recipe
Tuna and Orzo Pasta Casserole